Friday, August 18, 2006

Save the everything

Good morning,
Many thoughts are running through my head. I will finish this post and get back to my knitting. Then I will not be so confused.
I am continuing my research on knitting, meditation and prayer. It is an on going quest to explain to the traditionalists that knitting does have a place in public. We are capable of being at meeting and other places and knitting and actively participating in discussions and workshops. Many people have a problem with others knitting in the business world. Knitting is not a bad thing. As it keeps many of us focused. (Done with the soapbox now.)

The reason we are into Save the Everything is because we want to save the earth and recycle. As well as buy earth and animal sensitive products to keep the earth and the animals safe. No More Testing on Animals. We are really into Freecycle and Caring Consumers and even recycling yarn. Buy that nice wool sweater from a thrift shop and pull it apart and make something new and trendy.

Last night, Rachel, my eldest dd, and I went to the Yarn Garage and got a tune up on projects, the latest and newest in yarn selection and projects to design and wear while Rachel is at college. She leaves in two weeks. I will be assisting the Glitter Knitter. aka Steven Berg, at the Northwoods Fiber Retreat on September 23 and 24, 2006.



We are gearing up for October already, as October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. So I will post pictures of shawls as they come in and ones that I am working on. I continue to search for additional volunteers for Sheila's Shawls State coordinators. The job is not really that large and it would make things much easier if we could have a coordinator for every state. But the search continues through email and the snail mail process.

I have just learned how to add links to the blogs now I have to create other lists on the right sidebar as well. I hope things go as well as they have so far. This blogging is a new and interesting phenomenon.

Sorry, there are no additional pictures as of yet, but we are getting closer.
Have a good'ay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home