Tuesday, September 05, 2006

School and still looking for State Coordinators

Well, we moved our oldest off to college. She will be a busy young woman. She is double majoring in Journalism and Music. She is selling Mary Kay cosmetics as well as working a job on campus. She will also becoming home once every two months to stay on the payroll of her summer employment so she will have another job next summer. She is also the New State Coordinator for Sheila's Shawls and Paul's Scarves. She is the state coordinator for Wisconsin. Welcome Rachel, we are glad to have you with us.

I am still looking for additional state coordinators. I need about 35 more. Check the first posting of this blog and you will see the state coordinators listed there. If your state is not listed, we would love to have you join our cause of sharing prayer or healing shawls with families who have lost a loved one to domestic violence or survivors of domestic violence. I have sent letters to shelters asking for volunteers. I have emailed shelters asking for help. I have joined yahoo groups and am asking for other suggestions in getting people on board. The job itself is not really very hard. Send out a shawl or a scarf when asked. Share information if people ask. The other items on the job description are as flexible or involved as you want them to be.

I am still working on the sweater for my father. This is it here to the left. I had all the pieces done, sewed it together, had him try it on and it was too long in the front and sleeves. So I took the stitching out. Ripped the sleeves out to the armholes, and the front down to the armholes. It was easy to do because it was a raglan pattern. I reknit those pieces and am in the process of sewing it back together. He will be able to wear it this fall, as soon as he gets back from vacation in the wonderful west. I also had to whip up two washcloths because I am in an exchange, and I did not get them done.
I have another shawl on the needles on the right hand side and a few ufo's. I may just rip out the ufo's and start something else. Not much else for now.
Let me know if you know someone who is willing to help Sheila's shawls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home