Monday, October 09, 2006

Knit out 2006 and the Shawl Ministry Workshop

I attended Knit Out 2006 at Brookdale yesterday. It was very fun. The Glitter Knittner was there and represented the yarn stores. There was much information about the Knitting guild. The Govenor of Minnesota declared this Knitting Week in Minnesota. Woo Hoo! Not many people attended as there was many other activities going on in the Twin Cities.

Many People attended the Shop Hop that included hopping to Sheepy Yarn, Amazing Threads, Needlework Unlimited, Three Kittens, Zandy's and Coldwater Collaborative. This sounds like a very fun activity, but when you are on a yarn diet, like I am, not a good way to spend my time.

I then went to Augustana Lutheran Church in West St. Paul for a Prayer Shawl Ministry Workshop. Both Vicky Galo and Janet Bristow presented the start of their Shawl Ministry program and created activities and answered questions. It was a wonderful experience. We had guided meditation and talked about how to start and continue a shawl ministry. It was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in shawl ministry.

3 Comments:

Blogger AsKatKnits said...

Hello Renee from one WOWed Tea Swap 2 pal! What and awesome package you sent - thank you, thank you, thank you! What a lovely package you sent! And, from one Lutheran to another too! What a small world!!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I've just woven an alpaca prayer shawl for the mom of one of my employees who died last year. I thought I'd give it to her mom on the annniversary of her death. It was very difficut to do emotionally.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Renee,

I am working at John A. Johnson Achievement Plus Elementary School and doing service learning for the after school program! Your mission sounds great and it would be awesome if you had time to hook up with us! We have a lot of yarn and what we would like to do is have someone teach the children how to knit and then have them make mittens, hats, scarves, etc to donate for the winter time! If you could email me back that would be great! Thanks!
Kari
kahaugrud@gmail.com

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home