Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Many Blessings,

I will post pictures later. I do not have a camera near by. I received my beautiful scarf and goodies from an absolutely wonderful International Scarf exchange pal. She was great. The scarf in my favorite yarn, and my favorite color. It is beautiful. She is from Australia so I receive a postcard to add to the collection in my classroom. Two skeins of hand spun yarn, again in greens. Can you now guess my favorite color. Also chocolates and some wonderful hand made stitch markers. I love accessories!! Since I have knit for such along time, in my life, 35 years, I like accessories to keep things interesting.

I finished a pair of leg warmers for my niece. She is an ice skater, so they will either be for her birthday or Christmas depending on if I get her sweater done. I am planning on making two other sweaters for Christmas, as well, for my nephews. We will see how speedily they go, but I have at least one project to finish for school first. I have finished several shawl that when I get the camera I will show you. Last Thursday, I learned to use a knitting machine. That was fun. I made a shawl in about 4 hours. It turned out really nice. Now if I can do that on my own. I tried and have failed at several parts of it. But all of the failing is simply learning. I stop and try again another day, or hour and see what happens. Maybe I should try something smaller than shawls first. I should try some baby hats or slippers. I keep you posted on how it goes. I like my hand knitting much better. But being as old as dirt. I can hardly remember learning to hand knit, other than my first sweater was meant for me and it would have fit a football player. So even then I had failures and continued on.

School has been extremely busy with open house and conferences and many other things. So it has been difficult to post and keep you up to date on the shawl process. I do have a request for a shawl that was designed for the extravaganza. I need to duplicate it the best I can. I have no problem doing it. It will just take time and I will have to do it after Christmas.

Blessings,
for now,
Renee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home